* 10% of teens say they have been to a rave & ecstasy was available at more than 2/3 of these raves.
* The average age for a teen to start smoking is 12.5 years of age.
* Motor vehicle crashes (MVC) is the leading cause of death in
* Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among teens age 15-20 years.
* An estimated 2,800 teenagers get pregnant each day.
* Homicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among teens age 15-24. Homicide is the leading cause of death in African-Americans of the same age group.
* 1 in 7 children age 10-18 will runaway at least once.
During the teen years, parents really have to stay alert and be aware of what their teen is up to & who they are hanging out with. And children seem to be exposed to alcohol & drugs earlier every year. So even if you have an 8, 9 or 10-year-old, start talking to them now, because they still listen to you at this age.