Saturday, May 15, 2010

TEEN TRENDS: WHAT IS YOUR TEEN REALLY SAYING ?


(This blog is written to inform parents and others of disturbing trends of teenagers.)




*OMG!! AWGTHTGTTA? FCOL! SAMAGAL! LOL :)


Today, tween and teens live on their cell phones and computers...texting, IMing, Facebook, MySpace, and they seem to have their own cryptic language. You may be shocked if you knew what your teens were really saying online. Below is a very condensed list of the new "slang" teens use when communicating with each other.  Quite a few of the terms are sexual, but I believe they are terms parents need to be able to recognize.
  • A:
  • ABFT - about f***ing time
  • ADN - any day now
  • AFAIK - as far as I know
  • AFK - away from keyboard
  • AITR - adult in the room
  • ALT - anyone there?
  • ANFSCD - and now for something completely different
  • ANLSX - anal sex
  • ASAFP - as soon as f***ing possible
  • ASL or A/S/L - age, sex, location
  • ASLP - age, sex, location, picture
  • AWHFY - are we having fun yet?
  • AWGTHTGTTA - are we going to have to go through this again?
  • AYAGOB - are you a girl or boy?
  • AYOR - at your own risk
  • AYPI? - and your point is?
  • B:
  • BAC - back at computer
  • BB4N - bros before hoes
  • BBBJ - bare back blow job
  • BBIAB - be back in a bit
  • BBP - banned by parents
  • B/S/L - bisexual/straight/lesbian
  • BCnU - be seeing you
  • BFN- bye for now
  • BION - believe it or not
  • BOB - back off bastard
  • BOL - be on later
  • BOM - b**** of mine
  • BOOMM - bored out of my mind
  • BRBB - be right back b****
  • BSTFU - b****, shut the f*** up
  • BTDT - been there done that
  • BTOBD - be there or be dead
  • BTSOOM - beats the s*** out of me
  • BUDZECKS - butt sex
  • BUR - pussy
  • BUTTERFACE - everything is hot but her face
  • BUWU - breaking up with you
  • BWTHDIK - but what the heck do I know
  • C:
  • CD9 - Code 9 - parents are around
  • CDIWY - couldn't do it without you
  • CFAS - care for a secret?
  • CFM - come f*** me
  • CGAF - couldn't give a f***
  • CHRONIC - marijuana
  • CIHSWU - can I have sex with you?
  • CILTF - child I'd like to f***
  • CMIIW - correct me if I'm wrong
  • COIWTA - come on, I won't tell anyone
  • CRAFT - can't remember a f***ing thing
  • CRANK - crazy and drunk
  • CRS - can't remember ****
  • CSKR - cock sucker
  • CTS - changing the subject
  • CU46 - see you for sex
  • CWOT - complete waste of time
  • CWTGYPO - can't wait to get your panties off
  • CWYL - chat with you later
  • CYA - cover your a**
  • CYBSECKZ - cyber sex
  • D:
  • DGARA - don't give a rats a**
  • DIKU - do I know you?
  • DIRTFT - do it right the first time
  • DMMGH - don't make me get hostile
  • DQMOT - don't quote me on this
  • DTRT - do the right thing
  • DWAI - don't worry about it
  • DYJHIW - don't you just hate it when...
  • E:
  • EMFBI - excuse me for butting in
  • EOD - end of discussion
  • F:
  • FAWC - for anyone who cares
  • FBTW - fine, be that way
  • FCOL - for crying out loud
  • FOAD - f*** off and die
  • FOB - f*** off b****
  • FOFL - falling on floor laughing
  • FU - f***ed up
  • FUBAR - f***ed up beyond all recognition
  • FWIW - for what it's worth
  • FYEO - for your eyes only
  • G:
  • G2GTAC - got to go take a crap
  • G2GTAP - got to go take a pee
  • GAFIA - get away from it all
  • GNBLFY - got nothing but love for you
  • GNOC - get naked on cam (webcam)
  • GOWI - get on with it
  • H:
  • HAND - have a nice day
  • HHJK - ha ha, just kidding
  • HIH - hope it helps
  • HIWTH - hate it when that happens
  • HMS - hanging myself
  • HOAS - hold on a second
  • HSIK - how should I know
  • I:
  • IAG - it's all good
  • ICBW - I could be wrong
  • IDC - I don't care
  • IDGI - I don't get it
  • IDGARA - I don't give a rat's a**
  • IHTFP - I hate this f***ing place
  • IHU - I hate you
  • IJWTK - I just want to know
  • IKWUM - I know what you mean
  • ILBCNU - I'll be seeing you
  • IMP - I might be pregnant
  • IRSTBO - it really sucks the big one
  • IWALY - I will always love you
  • IYKWIM - if you know what I mean
  • J:
  • JJWY - just joking with you
  • JTLYK - just to let you know
  • K:
  • KHYF - know how you feel
  • KISS - keep it simple sister
  • KKY - kinky
  • KMA - kiss my a**
  • KNACKERED - drunk
  • KPC - keeping parents clueless
  • KUTGW - keep up the good work
  • KWIM - know what I mean?
  • KYAG - kiss ur a** goodbye
  • L:
  • LAB - life's a b****
  • LMA - leave me alone
  • LMIRL - let's meet in real life
  • LSHIPMP - laughing so hard I peed my pants
  • M:
  • MASTRB8 - masturbate
  • MEATCURTAIN - woman's private parts
  • MF2F4SX - meet face to face for sex
  • MILF - mother I'd like to f***
  • MMAMP - meet me at my place
  • MMLFS - married man looking for sex
  • MPIH - my penis is hard
  • MWBRL - more will be revealed later
  • MWSMIRL - maybe we should meet in real life
  • N:
  • NALOPKT - not a lot of people know that
  • NETUA - nobody ever tells us anything
  • NFI - no f***ing idea
  • NIFOC - nude in front of computer
  • NMJC - nothing much, just chillin'
  • O:
  • OTOH - on the other hand
  • OTP - on the phone
  • OTTOMH - off the top of my head
  • P:
  • P911 - parent emergency
  • PAW - parents are watching
  • POS - parents over shoulder (my parents are watching, I can't really talk)
  • R:
  • R8P - rape
  • RITJIVE - non-virgin
  • ROFLMAO - rolling on floor laughing my a** off
  • RUMOF - are you male or female?
  • RUTTM - are you talking to me?
  • RUUP4IT - are you up for it?
  • S:
  • S2BU - sucks to be you
  • SAMAGAL - stop annoying me and get a life
  • SD - suck dick
  • SHMILY - see how much I love you
  • S.I.N.G.L.E. - stay intoxicated nightly; get laid everyday
  • SMD - suck my dick
  • SMT - suck my tits
  • SNAFU - situation normal, all f****** up
  • SSDD - same s*** different day
  • STBY - sucks to be you
  • STFU - shut the f*** up
  • SIM - s***, it's Monday
  • T:
  • TDTM - talk dirty to me
  • THTH - to hot to handle
  • TIIC - the idiots in charge
  • TMA - take my advice
  • TSDMC - tears streaming down my cheeks
  • TT2T - to tired to talk
  • TWMA - till we meet again
  • U:
  • UAPITA - you're a pain in the a**
  • W:
  • WAY - who are you?
  • WDYWTTA - what do you want to talk about?
  • WNDITWB - we never did it this way before
  • WUD - what's up dog?
  • WUF - where are you from?
  • WUWT - what's up with that?
  • WYCM - will you call me?
  • WYRN - what's your real name?
  • WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get
  • Y:
  • YBS - you'll be sorry
  • YKYWTKM - you know you want to kiss me
  • YMMD - you've made my day
  • YOYO - you're on your own
  • >U - screw you!
  • /myB - kick my butt
  • 4AYN - for all you know
  • 4COL - for crying out loud
  • =w= - whatever
  • *G* - giggle or grin
  • $46 - money for sex
This list is long, but not complete. Google "internet slang" and a ton of sites come up with even more "slanguage".

I'm not suggesting that parents sneak around reading their teens texts and e-mails.  If you read my blog, you'll know I don't believe in sneaking around.  Let your teen know that you will be monitoring where they go online.  I think every parent's biggest fear about their child's internet use is the 40-year-old man posing as a teenage boy or girl. That is why parents need to stay up-to-date with the internet slang, so you will be able to recognize a problem when you see it.

*Oh My God! Are we going to have to go through this again? For crying out loud! Stop annoying me and get a life! Laugh out loud:)


Digg!

16 comments:

Mommy PR said...

I'm glad you posted this! My sister is 18 and my mom can barely handle the texting language. I am linking her to you now! TYYY

Ronnica said...

It always amazes me what teens pull out. This is a good guide though, I think it's important for a parent to stay involved in their teens' lives (though not hovering, of course).

Killlashandra said...

Good list. I agree, no sneaking, we just ask for the phone randomly to make sure there is nothing wrong on there.

Jen said...

Wow! I knew some of these but never knew that some of these even existed! Thanks for sharing so when my youngun hits that age I have an idea what he is saying! :)

Sandie lee said...

OM Gosh...that's scary :0

Thanks for the tips and list.

I'm now a follower :)

I'd love for you to put your cute little Ziggy face on my follwers. I'm at http://imaginationcafeblog.blogspot.com

Kitty Deschanel said...

Goodness, how do they remember all those abbreviations? If only they would put that kind of energy into other things!
A few of those abbreviations would have me completely FREAKED OUT if I had a teenager. I'm only in my mid-twenties and my high school years narrowly missed the texting craze. It seems like things have changed so much in such a short amount of time! Ugh, this post makes me feel like such an old lady :p

~Lamb

http://lambaround.blogspot.com

Cascia Talbert said...

That is some list! My oldest is on the computer a lot but I don't think she uses all those words.

Mama Up! said...

By the time my daughter is a tween, my youngest brother will be in his very early 20s, so I'll expect him to translate for me!

Unknown said...

wow...I have no words for this. You HAVE to be a step ahead. My daughter has a FB...and as much as she HATES it...I made her make me a friend. I want to see what she's talking about and what her "friends" are saying as well.

Prayer. That's what keeps me sane. Prayer.

Unknown said...

Bros before hoes...
Very nice: )

Amy said...

This is great. I am a mom to a 19 month old boy, but I will be hosting a 15 year old foreign exchange student from Denmark next fall. I am definitely in need of some teenage insight! :)

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Its funny reading this list because I'm 15 and the only chat words that my friends and I use are BRB (be right back), TTYL (Talk to you later) and LOL (laugh out loud)!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! I'm follow you back! I agree I think there are so many things that are put in our food that probably do cause SO many health problems! It's great to buy organic and from local farmers to know what you are eating!

Becky
ourpeacefulhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great list to share!

Thanks for coming by to visit on my SITS day! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Glam Mommy said...

Here's a new one: YFR...you f'ing rock! I love this blog!

Being A Wordsmith said...

Pinning this. My 6 year old is probably too young for most of this, BUT I still want to be aware just in case. And most things in life are cyclical so some of it may be applicable before I know it. Thank you for sharing. #SITSBlogging

Related Posts with Thumbnails