Tuesday, December 7, 2010

PUT ON YOUR HEADPHONES!!

 

As parents, we all know our teenagers have so much to deal with on a daily basis; peer pressure, wanting to fit in, wanting to make good grades, excel in sports, music, dance or whatever extracurricular activity they are involved in. That can be a lot of pressure for someone so young. And what kind of role models do our teenagers really have (I'm referring to Hollywood) and the TV programs they watch...16 and Pregnant, Jersey Shore, Glee, Bad Girls Club, Degrassi. On Jersey Shore and Bad Girls Club, girls are constantly called "b*t*h" and "sl*t" and they are constantly fighting and so aggressive and so much anger.  These shows glamorize teen pregnancy and premarital sex. It's no wonder the United States has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates of any other country. And I am not even going to talk about the music they listen to (although I will admit, some is not so bad).  But a lot of it is X-rated.  So our teenagers may begin to think this behavior is okay.  Well, if you're like me, it's not okay.

What teenagers today need are good, positive role models.  I have been following Britt Nicole's (christian artist) tweets and reading about this video "Headphones".  Well, I finally got a chance to stop and watch this video.  And I think this is my new favorite song.  It is so uplifting, and it is like this song was written to encourage our teenagers. Okay, you just have to watch it! It will only take 3 minutes and 43 seconds of your time, and it is well worth it.  (I tweeted Britt Nicole and got  permission to post this video.)





See what I mean? So, the next time your teenager is feeling down, let them watch this video. If this doesn't lift their spirits, I don't think anything will.

Send Britt Nicole a tweet at https://twitter.com/itsbrittnicole and let her know how much you love her video...that is if you do love it...but how could you not!


To learn more about Brit Nicole visit  http://www.brittnicole.com.






5 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from Bloggy Moms! It's nice to meet you. Visit me at www.mommyinthebaking.com

Betty Manousos said...

Hi there!
Visiting over from Sits.
I have a good friend of mine that adores Ziggy.
She's passionate about that figure!!
So I thought I'd drop by and say hello.

Betty

Anonymous said...

Very good post, being the mama of 3 teenagers this is a wonderful blog to follow!

Crazed in the Kitchen said...

It's always nice to see good role models for teenagers. They are absolutely bombarded with adult messages.

Audra Michelle said...

After teaching for so many years, I can whole-heartedly agree with this post. Kids need to be lifted up and encouraged. Parents need to have high expectations and lovingly hold their kids to them. I had SECOND GRADERS (7-year-olds) sing me the entire song "Candyshop" several years back. Just because it's on tv doesn't mean it is ok.

Related Posts with Thumbnails