Monday, January 3, 2011

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN 2011?



It is hard to believe that 2010 has come and gone so quickly? Did you accomplish everything on your "To Do" list last year? Me neither. Have you found yourself reflecting on ways you can make a difference in 2011? But you work all day, where will you find the time? Or maybe you're a SAHM with young children and hiring a babysitter each week while you volunteer is out of the question...so you're left wondering "what can I do?"

Angels2theHeart is a group of men and women (volunteers), who make a difference by sending "happy" mail to those in need of support; it may be a young child who is undergoing chemo to treat her cancer or it could be an elderly shut-in, who feels alone and forgotten, and the card or letter you send may be the only bright spot in their day. And just for a moment, the child forgets about her pain and the elderly shut-in feels loved. The best part is you can make a difference from the comfort of your own home, and your children can become involved also. (If nothing else, you can have them lick those envelops.) Seriously though, there are many ways your children can help, and what a great way to spend quality time together. You may be wondering how big of a difference can you really make by just sending a card to someone. Below are a few testimonials from recipients of Angels2theHeart:



"Thank you to all the angels who have sent us cards, letters,
stickers, and little surprises. They mean so much to us.
We can't get out and go like allot of kids do so your
friendship and kindness means so
much to us. God bless all of you"....S.H.


"Sometimes when I am having a bad day it seems that
I have a special card or letter arrive that day. It means so
much. Thank you all so much"...R.S.

"Thank you all my angel friends who have sent cards to me.
I'm not doing too well right now and the mail means so much
too me. I look at my cards everyday and keep them in a box
in my bed with me. God Bless You!"...B.S.


You can read more testimonials
here.

When you join this wonderful group, there is no commitment or a minimum "number" you are required to fulfill each month. You "angel" as much or as little as you desire.

Susan Farr-Fahncke is the founder of Angels2theHeart. You can read her story here about how her sister, Angel, inspired her to embark on this journey to make a difference.

If you would like to learn more about Angels2theHeart, click the bear logo at top. If you don't need to know more and you just can't wait to become an angel, you can fill out this form or if someone you know could use a little encouragement and support, you can request an angel by filling out this form.



You can make a difference in 2011!












6 comments:

SuperMom Blues said...

Found you on SITS!

I really like your blog. I have two teenage step children (in addition to my own preschooler and school ager) and am so lost with them sometimes!

I love the idea of writing letters - I would have never thought of that. I think my children and I might have to become involved.

Unknown said...

What a great place. Thank you for sharing this! I am off to visit Angles to the Heart this instant : ) Happy new year friend!

Gaspegirl said...

What a great idea!! Who doesn't like getting mail?? I think that I will look into this... thanks for the share.

Visiting from SITS, make it a great day!

Heather Jones said...

Sounds like a great organization to be a part of.
I have a blog award waiting for you on MOHTH!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

Anonymous said...

What a great idea - my daughter will be doing something like this with her girlfriends for her community service work for her Bat Mitzvah. It combines her love for art and scrapbooking/creating with a great way to help those is need of a moment of happiness.

Saying hi from SITS.

K said...

Love this!!


http://impatientlywishingonastar.blogspot.com/

Hi! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by and follow back! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails