Saturday, October 15, 2011

SORRY...I'M STILL HERE!




I'm sitting here at 11:57 on Friday night and I realized it has been almost two weeks since I last posted on my blog.  I really didn't mean to neglect my blog, but I am back in school.  I'm studying to be a special education teacher, with a dual license as an elementary education teacher. I'm taking 12 hours and the work load is HUGE! 

Of course, I'm not the typical student just out of high school.   I'm a 40ish mom of two, working full-time.  Of course, I'm not complaining because this is what I chose to do, and I'm loving it.  But we have so many projects to do, that my free time is limited.

So I have a few guest bloggers lined up, with some interesting topics, to help me out, because I don't want to neglect you, my readers.  So please bear with me if the posts are sometimes far apart, because I'm still here.

On another note, don't forget to thank your teen's teacher for what she/he does, because believe me when I say the teacher program is very grueling, and she/he worked hard for the license she/he has.

4 comments:

Michael Ann said...

All I can say is you have my complete and utter respect for going back to school in your 40's and especially got become a teacher (special ed no less!). My husband is a teacher, I know how hard teachers work. I am a preschool teacher but it did not require getting a credential. Yes, it's tough work but in a different way. I think about going back to get my elementary school credential but I simple do not have the energy. That is why I'm in awe of you. Working full time too? Man. All I can say is you are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making this huge important decision on making a difference on someone's life.

Laura said...

Thank you ladies for you sweet comments. After this semester, I have one semester before I start student teaching !!!

Worth-Waiting-For said...

Congrats for going back to school! After a few years working in event planning, I decided to head back to grad school. I'm in my final semester of a grad program for speech-language pathology so along the same lines as special education (though I intend to work with adults with neurogenic disorders). Anyway, best of luck to you in this new endeavor! From what I've read on your blog, I think that you are going to make a wonderful teacher.

Related Posts with Thumbnails