As y'all know, I frequently blog about human trafficking. As the mother of two daughters, this is always in the back of my mind, and it has made me an overprotective mom. Human trafficking is happening right here in the United States of America...I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.
Recently, while on twitter, I read where Natalie Grant is participating in Disney's Princess Half Marathon, and she will be running:
- For the millions enslaved around the world, including our own backyard.
- For those without a voice.
- For those who aren’t free to…YET!
FREE. TO. RUN.
Running for FREEDOM. with Natalie Grant.
FEBRUARY 26, 2012
Natalie Grant and Abolition International are on a mission to abolish sex slavery and human exploitation. Will you help?
I don't usually use my blog to solicit money, but this is a very good cause. If you have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, they are at risk of being trafficked.
Did you know:
- The #1 destination for an American seeking sex with a child is the United States.
- Men who have sex with children are business men; they are bank presidents; they are politicians; they are deacons in a church.
- 12 is the average age for entry into pornography and prostitution, but some of these victims are as young as 5 years old.
- Minor trafficking victims are sold 10 to 15 times per night, 6 nights per week, and in the United States any minor involved in sexual exploitation is considered a trafficking victim even if they never cross international borders.