Sunday, May 13, 2012

Will You Take THE POSITIVE PLEDGE?



I don't know about you, but I am so tired of all the negative people.  They are everywhere...family, friends, co-workers, neighbors...everywhere.  And as I've mentioned before, the reality TV shows are so negative.  There's Bad Girls Club, Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious.  In all of these reality TV shows, the girls (and guys) are so angry and bitter and negative.  Not once, when watching one of these shows, have I seen these girls (or guys) encourage each other or be positive. And what kind of influence does this have on our tweens and teens...not a very good one.

Best selling author, Jon Gordon, is passionate about encouraging positive thinking.  He created THE POSITIVE PLEDGE below, because "Being Positive not only makes you better, it makes everyone around you better."


The Positive Pledge

· I pledge to be a positive person and positive influence on  
   my family, friends, co-workers and community.
· I promise to be positively contagious and share more
   smiles, laughter, encouragement and joy with those around
   me.
· I vow to stay positive in the face of negativity.
· When I am surrounded by pessimism I will choose
   optimism.
· When I feel fear I will choose faith.
· When I want to hate I will choose love.
· When I want to be bitter I will choose to get better.
· When I experience a challenge I will look for opportunity to
   learn and grow.
· When faced with adversity I will find strength.
· When I experience a set-back I will be resilient.
· When I meet failure I will fail forward towards future
   success.
· With vision, hope, and faith, I will never give up and will
   always move forward towards my destiny.
· I believe my best days are ahead of me, not behind me.
· I believe I'm here for a reason and my purpose is greater
   than my challenges.
· I believe that being positive not only makes me better, it
   makes everyone around me better.
· So today and every day I will be positive and strive to make
   a positive impact on the world.


So tell me, will you go to http://www.thepositivepledge.com/ and sign the pledge to be positive?  Which of these sixteen points will be the hardest for you to uphold?



Pin It


15 comments:

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

Stopping by from SITS Saturday Sharefest...Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

Carolina said...

I think the hardest is staying positive at work in the face of the many changes and negativity around my workplace. Thanks for the pledge. Stopped by from SITS #springfling.

Unknown said...

Stopping from SITS to read your about page. You are such an amazing lady.

Janis meredith/jbmthinks sportsparenting said...

I have to work at being positive, since my tendancy to be "realistic" comes across as negative to my family.

Thanks for putting out the challenge!

Courtney Pies said...

I'm definitely going to join this pledge! We all should follow these!

My hardest one would be staying positive when others around me are negative. It's so easy to just feel the way others around you are feeling. But I am definitely going to work on it!

Unknown said...

This is such a great pledge! We actually stopped watching TV because of all the negativity, it was really getting to us. You are right, they just don't treat people with respect or optimism any longer. It's a trial> Thank you for sharing such a great and inspiring pledge!

Barb Webb said...

What a fantastic pledge! I always strive to be positive, but the biggest challenge for me is "I vow to stay positive in the face of negativity."

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the negativity when it's surrounding you. I think I need to carry this pledge sheet with me- what a help that would be to have a visual reminder!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

I really like that positive pledge. I think I am going to "kid" it down for my son. One thing that drives me crazy is when she gets on the phone with my MIL he is so negative. She complains about everything so I guess he figures that's what she likes to talk about. He say he scraped is knee, its so hot, its raining, he had a bad day at school, his lunch made him sick etc. I've asked him why does he just tell her the bad stuff and he shrugs his shoulders. We've got to get away from that.

Tanya said...

Saw you on Sits. I love your header. who did your design if you don't mind me asking? I like how you were very open on your about page. I'm trying to decide if I should share more.

Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful blog, this pledge is great. Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Laura... What an awesome post!! just what I needed. I will do the pledge! Peace.

Unknown said...

Staying positive in the face of negativity. Probably the hardest thing I do in any day.

Robin said...

"·I vow to stay positive in the face of negativity." Definitely the hardest for me, but I keep trying.

We don't watch reality shows, partly for this reason. Turning the tv off and talking to each other usually helps.

I can be a really positive person for most of the day. I struggle most with my husband and 15-year old son. But I keep trying.

Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from SITS. Have a great weekend.

Keesha said...

Great post, and one that I needed to hear this week. I agree with the need to be positive. We need to acknowledge, yet not dismiss our feelings, even if negative. We need to know that negative feelings are not wrong or abnormal, but what we choose to do with them - the actions we choose - can be.

Katy Emanuel said...

What a great idea. Negativity really seems to be invading all aspects of some peoples lives these days. I think my challenge will be staying positive around my colleagues as it is a pretty negative work environment these days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails