Sunday, July 19, 2009

MY GIRLS!

After having two miscarriages, God blessed me with two beautiful daughters. They are exactly six years and one week apart. They were both January babies, so we party most of the month (yes, I give two separate birthday parties one to two weeks apart, because I think they each deserve to have their own day to shine).

But Hollie and April are like night and day. Hollie has brown hair and brown eyes. April has blonde hair and blue eyes. Hollie is more of a rocker chick. April is all country.

Hollie loves...

Piercings and tattoos (getting tattoos, as well as giving tattoos)...





Ghost hunting, old graveyards, and old churches. (Pictures taken by Hollie.)...



Hanging with Rob and her friends...






Photography and Photoshop...


April loves...

Horses and country life...



Playing in the mud, water and 4-wheelers...



Dressing up in costumes and writing on herself(?)
















And seeing just how many friends she can talk me into letting spend the night at one time. (15 so far...yes I'm a glutton for punishment.)


But the two things they both have in common (besides loving their mom) are they both like to take silly pictures with their friends...


and hanging upside down like monkeys...




















...and I love my two monkeys.





Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED that post...I love how you love them for them ;) Its a beautiful thing

Denise Grover Swank said...

You're girls are beautiful!

I'm forever amazed that children raised in the same house can be so very different. My older boys are like night and day.

Dropping by from SITS.

Maricel said...

Awww... Two opposite personalities, but as they say - opposites attract. LOL, I don't know if it's something that applies to your girls. =P

Maricel --- Momhood Moments

jackie said...

Love the photos. Beautiful! :) My two are diff in every way possible!

Rebecca said...

You have gorgeous girls! My brother and I are also January babies! We are less than a year apart! He, Jam 8 and me, Jan 10. My mom didn't do separate parties for us and I am still scarred!

I love how different they are. I have 4 kids. Each one very different! It amazes me how they can all have the same upbringing and be so different!

Stopping my from SITS!

Bentley Boutique said...

Aww, that's so sweet. My 13 year old twin boys are different as night and day, too. Makes life more interesting!! Dropping by from SITS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls :) Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Thank you for stopping by my blog

Decor To Adore said...

So cute! Happy Saturday to you! I am slowly making my way around to all the blogs that visited me when I was featured on SITS to say "Thank you". It is indeed a fabulous SITStahood.
Be blessed!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What a cute blog!!! So neat how different your girls are yet how similar they are! Such beauties!

Making Babies said...

:) Following you over from Twitter Moms. Your girls are gorgeous!

Hope you don't mind but I gave you an award, so check out my blog.

x

Jaye @ canadian-mom.ca said...

This is such a beautiful post! I love how you different the two girls are, it's nice to be your separate person growing up in a house full of women :)
On a side note, I've popped over to your site a few times but haven't left a comment before. This time I thought I would let you know I was here and love your blog!

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Your girls are beautiful and look like they're loaded with personality!! :D

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

I sometimes look at my kids and wonder how in the world they all came out of the same gene pool because of how different they are!

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

AWWW! Loved this. From the moment they're born they have their own unique ways don't they!

kasandria said...

This post is amazing. You show how 2 sisters are so alik and yet have their own personalities. Keep it up you are doing a WONDERFUL job!

Also clicked some links for ya;)
Kasandria

Name: Holly Bowne said...

It's pretty much a given, isn't it? That siblings will be as different as night and day. And I have to say, I like this blog post and the great way you've "shown" just how opposite two siblings can be. :)

Bramblemoon Farm said...

AWESOME girls! My boys are completely different too. One is 15and one is 16. Like night and day:)
Their birthdays are a week apart!

Happy late birthday to the girls!

Juliet Grossman said...

Awww...maybe I'm hormonal this morning or something but this sweet post made me cry. I LOVE that they are so different. Where they intersect is in being sisters but they have their own individual identities. Wonderful! (I have two girls too and though they are much younger than yours - mine are 3 & 7 - I can already tell they are VERY different, so I relate to this so much.) Happy SITS Day!

nasmison said...

you can try these out Dolabuy Hermes official site additional hints have a peek here visit this web-site

Related Posts with Thumbnails